Friday, November 8, 2013

True Confessions


So here's the thing...I've been walking the most painful of lines lately with some big news that I wasn't able to share with you yet. However, after a little conversation and some great clarification from my editor, I am thrilled to tell you that I'm in the process of writing a book for Stash Books! I debated long and hard over when to share this news with you. Writing and publishing a book is a really long process (we're looking at a publication date of spring 2015 for my title), and not only am I not allowed to share any of the juicy details with you for quite a while but I also don't want you to be sick to death of the whole thing by the time the book actually hits the shelves. On the other hand, it kills me that I've been writing and sewing like mad from morning till night each day and yet can share almost none of it with you here at Fabric Mutt. I didn't want you to think that I'd lost interest in sewing or was letting the blog slowly waste away to nothing. So please know that though I won't be posting more often than once or twice a week and though I can't spend nearly as much time as I'd like reading all of your blogs and leaving comments as I go, it isn't because I don't want to. I'll be back to my regular routine in a few months, promise!


Can I also just take a moment to say that the people at C&T Publishing and Stash Books are fabulous? They have a fantastic introductory pack for new authors which is so helpful, and just look at the incredible box of goodies they sent me above. For someone who's walking into the great unknown here, it's so wonderful to be surrounded by encouraging people who know exactly what they're doing.

Bunny raced off to her desk and wrote this note for me on the day I found out that my book proposal was accepted.

And my dear sweet family...no one is giving up more than these people to make this project happen. They are so proud of my amazing opportunity and so patient with me as I constantly swing between excited and absentminded and completely overwhelmed. I absolutely could not do this without them.

So that's the scoop, my friends. I can hardly wait to share this book with you when it's done, but for now I promise not to bore you to pieces with constant chatter about it. Just know that I'm still here and still honored to have the chance to be a tiny part of your lives.

45 comments:

  1. Eee! Congratulations Heidi!! What fabulously exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That is terrific news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news! So excited for you. Big congratulations! Stash Books is my favorite publisher of quilt books, so I am doubly excited to see this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very very exciting. And I'm proud of you too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Heidi!! I can't wait to see the finished book - I know it will be awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. many many congratulations Heidi - you completely deserve it. I love everything you make and I love your beautiful generous heart :-) Will be praying that it is a fun experience for you and for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heidi, I am so pleased for you! I can't wait to see it and I sure hope that the process of writing it will be fun and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What exciting news…congratulations!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so exciting!!! Congrats and good luck! Those deadlines must be harsh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous news! I want my copy autographed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well deserved! I love your blog and read it often. I'm sure your book will be a great success. I love Stash books, they seem to be very well photographed and well thought out. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so exciting, congratulations! I am glad you shared with us so we could all be happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So awesome! Can't wait to see it :) So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome news, Heidi! You work so hard (it seems) and I know your book will be great! Your daughter's note is so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so thrilled for you....and it looks like your daughter is too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well done, that's lovely news!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations. How very exciting.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats! This is very exciting news and you should be enjoying the process and not stressing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's great. Maybe you could write a blog about how you pitched your book and got selected to write one. I would love to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats! So excited for you! Wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cool! I am excited for you. I agree that it's counter productive to share too much too early though. I can't imagine how busy you must be. I love Stash Books- my crafty books are dominated by them.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats and best wishes! I've been hearing so much about Stash and I can't wait to see your finished book!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, that is just fantastic! Congratulations! Can't wait to get my hands on a copy! :) Good luck with the LONG, but well worth it process!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations! I really enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So exciting Heidi! Congratulations! I'm looking forward to it already :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Eeee! :D This is such amazing news! I am so happy for you! You do such great work and I can't wait until it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations! I know how hard you've been working on your craft . . . :-).

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations, Heidi! Yay! Very nice welcome kit, btw...... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congratulations!!!! That is sooo awesome. I am really excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  30. YAY! Congratulations Heidi! I can't wait 'til spring 2015. That's not too long, right?! I'm sure your book is going to be incredible. Love the little note from Bunny. What a thoughtful little sweetie. xo Erin

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great news, congratulations! It is an exciting and yet painful process, isn't it? : ) Good luck with everything, can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  32. That is so awesome, Heidi! Congratulations! :D Already looking forward to it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  33. That's so awesome!! Congrats!! The little note from your daughter is priceless ;) Books, fabric, sewing. Do you really think you could bore us if you TRIED?!! Those are 3 of my most favorite things. I think it's great and I CAN't WAIT to hear more. I actually will buy a book that an author will write about (or from someone that writes a blog I read), than not know the book from Jack or Jill. I have tried to follow as many quilting/sewing blogs that interest me as possible in the past couple years. (As that's when I started reading blogs). I have learned SO MUCH, but I'm learning so many new things, still, every day. Congrats again! How exciting :)

    -karrie

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is amazing Heidi!! Congrats!!! I'm so excited for your new adventure! Hope we can meet up next month when we visit! I promise I won't ask anything about the book... well I'll try to keep my curiosity at bay! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  35. Congratulations Heidi!! I'm so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Congratulations! Enjoy the process and the adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Congratulations! So excited for you! Yes, the folks at stash books are wonderful to work with. Love the note from your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is rather late... But I still wanted to congratulate you for the exciting news!! I can't wait! I hope your book will sell like pancakes ♥︎♥︎♥︎

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...