Saturday, November 2, 2013

The Constance Organizer Tutorial


Constance Organizer Tutorial by Heidi Staples of Fabric Mutt

It's been an exhausting week here at our home. My daughters have been fighting a nasty bug that comes with endless high fevers, and it's been a constant battle to keep their temperatures below 101 degrees. Blogging and blog reading naturally fell by the wayside for the past few days, so I missed the posting of my latest piece for The Glamorous Housewife blog. I promised you all a tutorial for that organizer I showed you last week. Here it is: the Constance Organizer.

Constance Organizer Tutorial by Heidi Staples of Fabric Mutt


This version is slightly different from last week's. It has an extra pocket on the left side of the interior, a flap closure, and a much simpler exterior. The basic pattern is no problem to customize, though, so you can easily change this to make it whatever you want. That's the beauty of patterns for me -- I love to play with the details and make something new.


Constance Organizer Tutorial by Heidi Staples of Fabric Mutt

These make great last minute gifts for those of you who are already casting an eye toward Christmas presents. If you make one of these, please do send me pictures or mark a photo with #fabricmutt on instagram. I'd love to see what you're making!


Constance Organizer Tutorial by Heidi Staples of Fabric Mutt

And now I'd better head back to the couch to sit with my sick little Bear as we watch the never ending Handy Manny marathon that's been parading through my living room all week. Remember this old Calvin and Hobbes cartoon? Once in a while I share the same feeling for those who write children's programming. Not that I'm bitter or anything...

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely organizer! You create the most clever things! I hope your daughters get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your girls start feeling better Heidi. I love this organizer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! We've had sick kids here all week too, no fun at all. Hope your girls are better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your girl is feeling better.. my little one is also fighting some bug and has had temperatures for a week already with no other symptom.. pretty worried too. Anyway, this is such a lovely organizer... thanks for the tutorial..might be making one when I have time

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I hope your kids get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I hope everyone is starting to feel better. That is such a cute organizer - I also like all the cute things your found to fill it with!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know this is an older post, but I just found this pattern and really like it. Do you have the finished dimensions available? I couldn't see them here or on the other blog with the tutorial.

    I'm an old fashioned letter writer and I like to carry supplies at all times so I can write when I find myself stuck in a waiting room or some place similar. This pattern looks just about perfect for what I'm looking for! I could tuck everything I need inside and slip in my my purse. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi. It seems the website with the linked tutorial on no longer exists is this available anywhere else? Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...