Friday, February 1, 2013

January

1. Valentine Pillow, 2. Sweetcakes Baking Party Set 1, 3. Sewing Room, 4. Another Valentine, 5. Notion Bag, 6. Out to Sea Pocket Pillow in Use, 7. Out to Sea Quilt & Pillow, 8. Out to Sea Quilt, 9. Triple-Zip Pouch, 10. Pyrex Dishes Block

Looking over my projects for January, it seems as though I must be secretly longing for spring -- I can see it there in the candy colors and cheerful prints. I thoroughly enjoyed making a pair of valentine pillows for my husband and myself (tutorial here). It was also great to finally share my baking party set for Riley Blake Fabrics using their adorable Sweetcakes line (tutorial here) as well as my paper pieced notions bag which I pattern tested last summer. I had fun playing with Sarah Jane's Out to Sea collection and made myself a triple-zip pouch at long last. A little more paper piecing made it into the mix at the last minute with yesterday's Pyrex Dishes block. I'm probably most excited, though, about my new sewing space which has been an absolute joy.

If the sewing accomplishments were not enough, my little Bear is thriving with her new glasses and preschool activities, Bunny began her first cross stitch project yesterday (with plastic needle, canvas, and yarn, of course), and last week I conquered potty training with Mouse -- hallelujah! I firmly believe that one of the great victories of motherhood is crossing diapers off your shopping list forever.

So January has been fun, and I have a feeling that February will be more of the same. I sure hope so, anyway...

Linking up to Fresh Sewing Day & Finish It Up Friday.

28 comments:

  1. Just popped over from Lily's Quilts. Your mosaic shows some lovely projects, I especially like the heart cushions. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many lovely things - the hexy cushion, cake (gotta love cake) the NOTION cushion, the triple zip purse. Beautiful makes, and yes I think you're feeling spring is on its way :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful makes and I love those candy colours you're using :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some lovely finishes. I love those cushions. I have invested in some cushion fillings and will have to make a few covers too. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The anticipation of spring is always my favourite thing, looking forward to new beginnings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They all look wonderful Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on all your lovely January makes Heidi, you've done some amazing work in just a month :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had some gorgeous finishes, Heidi! I definitely see a theme with the colors. Congrats to you and Mouse on becoming diaper-free!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving your projects, Heidi! :) Esp the pyrex block.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely finishes! Loving that pyrex block (have you visited the pyrex love blog?) and that hexie heart pillow is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful work! I like all of them but the notions bag has to be one of the cutest. I think I saw it previously with the pattern promo--and I ended up buying the pattern! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great job - I love the use of hexies on the cushions

    ReplyDelete
  13. January was a stellar month for you! Well....actually all your months are spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My goodness you have been busy this month! I love you triple zip! Great fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous January! Looking forward to Feb

    ReplyDelete
  16. I nominated you for Versatile Blogger Award. Very happy to be one of your followers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your pyrex dishes block is so cool and retro in keeping with current trends!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I'm so jealous! We're getting ready to start potty-training my oldest, and I think it's going to be like pulling teeth.

    You have so many lovelies here! I particularly like your Out to See quilt and pillow! That fabric line is really quite nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love those hexagons! I am trying hexagons for the first time this month...EEK!

    ReplyDelete
  20. i love that pyrex dishes block! you've been busy this month!

    ReplyDelete
  21. what a nice sewey month for you, and lovely achievements with the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow, Heidi, you finished so much. what a wonderful new sewing space. love the pyrex dishes and congrats on the potty training!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the map pillow. I have a horrible case of wanderlust so I totally want to make one for my house!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I saw your pillows in the recent Pink Chalk e-mail. :) Congrats! You made some lovely projects this past month.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, you got a lot done in January - all beautiful (and generally low volume, which I'm totally in love with right now) :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yes, I join you in your motherhood victories for rejoicing over no more diapers! Wanted to say congrats on your pillow being featured on Pink Chalks site-what an honor! And very deserved:)

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...