Friday, September 28, 2012

Scrappy Christmas Potholder

red green white retro scrappy Christmas potholder Dear Mr Claus

My grandmother asked for a decorative potholder to go along with her Christmas quilt -- she loves to hang them up on display in her kitchen even though she really doesn't cook anymore. I used leftover scraps from her Vintage Holiday lap quilt and sewed it up quickly this morning before my parents left to go visit with her.


Nothing fancy going on here. Just scraps sewn together in rows and quilted on either side.


I used one of the Merry Christmas prints for the back. The retro style of this collection is just too cute.


Between the potholder and the quilt, I think Grandma is more ready for Christmas than I am at the moment!

Linking up to TGIFF and Finish It Up Friday.

19 comments:

  1. Ok you've won me over! I've got to buy some of this fabric!! As soon as I get paid of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Your grandmother sounds super hip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that little pot holder, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha. gee Grandma IS ready for Christmas! ;-) How sweet of you & sweet of her for loving your work so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Christmas projects. I am just now thinking I might make some kind of Halloween thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful quilt! Love the vintage colors. And the potholder is perfect. I bet you've made your grandmother a very happy lady. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the fabric - this quilt is so cute, and I love the potholder. I swore I wouldn't buy any Christmas fabric this year, but I just might have to break down and get some...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet potholder! And I just love that quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love making potholders and I love these.. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it's time I made my Vintage Holiday quilt - your quilt is absolutely gorgeous! Great job Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your grandmother is going to love both the lap quilt and the potholder.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You little whizz - both items are lovely - all the more so because you have used the left-over scraps for a useful pressie. Clever you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. isnt it nice when we can use every last bit of fabric? love the potholder!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both are super duper cute! Nice job!

    Thanks for linking up to finish it up Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...