Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Going with the Flow


Seems like my last post was a sign of things to come. This has been a week of learning how to go with the flow -- and the flow has been changing by the hour today. That would be the reason why my sewing machine, this week's (almost finished) Zakka project, and about 20% of my fabric stash is in another county as I type right now. Thankfully it should all be coming home in the next day or two. I may actually try a little hand sewing this evening. We'll see...

Since I sadly don't have a finished project to show you today, I thought I'd share a picture of my latest fabric mail. I loved Maude Asbury's Crabtastic line when I first saw it, but when I saw this quilt in progress by Faith of Fresh Lemon Quilts, I was sold. This fabric is going to make an absolutely darling picnic quilt for the girls to use in our backyard this summer. I haven't decided completely on a pattern, but I'm thinking about possibly trying this great design by Ellen Luckett Baker of The Long Thread. It's always so fun to consider all the possibilities when I'm starting a new quilt.

Happy Wednesday!

Linking up to WIP Wednesday.

6 comments:

  1. I love hand stitching! Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I thought you said another country! That fabric is at the top of my wish list - looking forward to seeing what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is full of lessons, isn't it?!? Enjoy Crabtastic! Imagining the possibilities is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabric mail is a decent substitute for a finish! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that fabric in that design is a great idea -- it will turn out very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i can totally see how that quilt would have inspired you to buy this batch of fabric. i love the fun colors. isn't it great to get fabric in the mail?

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...