Thursday, January 12, 2012

Lattice Quilt

For the next few weeks, I'll be working my way through the projects in Pretty in Patchwork: Doll Quilts. What fun. I'm learning some new techniques, and getting instant gratification at the same time -- small quilts that I can make in a day or two! This lattice quilt is a gift for my grandmother who is absolutely crazy about dolls, so I thought it would be a good fit. It marks the first time that I've been brave enough to make my own binding, and now I'm wondering why I didn't try this sooner. I definitely need to work on my binding skills some more and possibly invest in a few more colors of thread, but it's a start. Some time later in the year, I'd like to try this quilt again and see if I can take it in a different direction. For now, it feels good to be growing in my skills.

1 comment:

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...