Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Presents

My second attempt at quilting was a doll quilt and soft blocks -- both Christmas presents for my little nieces. I had seen lots of cute stacked coin patterns online and wanted to do something along those lines using the leftover scraps from my first project. The quilt was originally meant to be quite a bit larger, but it ended up looking more like a small play mat, perfect for dolly instead. The blocks were made following this tutorial at Whipstitch. I was very happy with the results.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Heidi, this mat looks cute and the color combination you have used is just perfect for girls and dolls. The blocks are so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Aren't you the sweetest for leaving a comment! Due to all the ads that bombard this section, I have to moderate everything first, but look for your comment to post in a day or two. Thanks so much for writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...